The Steering Committee consists of the Chair, Vice Chairs, Secretary, Treasurer, At-Large and Ex Officio members. This committee acts as the corporation's board of directors, setting policy and conducting the business of MAM between meetings of the membership and within the guidelines of the resolutions approved by the membership.
Each Standing Committee is chaired by a member of the Steering Committee. Not all committees are active or have members.
- The Program Committee has the MAM Vice Chair for Programs as its chair. The committee is responsible for planning the MAM annual meeting and programs throughout the year.
- The Membership Committee has the MAM Vice Chair for Membership as its chair. The committee is responsible for seeking new and maintaining existing MAM members.
- The Communications Committee has the MAM Vice Chair for Communications as its chair. The committee is responsible for the preparation and dissemination of a website, information brochures, and for coordinating all media contact including press releases and press conferences.
- The Nominating Committee is chaired by a member of the Steering Committee and at least two others from the general membership, none of whom is seeking re-election or election. The committee is responsible for seeking at least one person for each elective office.
- The Development Committee has the MAM Vice Chair for Development as its chair and the Treasurer as a member. The committee is responsible for raising any needed funds for MAM activities and initiatives.
Interested in participating on a Standing Committee? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Committees and Task Forces
Created by the Steering Committee as necessary to implement the policies and resolutions of the members.